RE: HYB: Identifying pink carriers

Thanks Chuck.  I have a range of beard colors on these kids, so that
will give me something to look at, and to compare with the parent beard
color.

Do you have a set of photos showing the 4 levels of t?

<I have noticed a difference in shade of beard between 3 t (tangerine
gene) and 2 and 1 t gene plants. If you look closely at the beard the 3t
beards are  deeper orange in colour and sem to be a bit more "carroty"
in colour. You need to examinre these beards closely before you get a
feel for what I mean. Seems to be fairly reliable for me, but I've made
a practice of doing this for awhile.  --
                   Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Zone 4/5>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8