RE: SHOW: SPIS report

On 24 Apr 2003 at 17:08, Dana Brown wrote:

> Ok. If you guys are trying to make me feel better it is working.  At least
> we had enough bloom to take the silver medal at the South Plains Iris
> Society show last weekend.  .  .

Congrats! Way to go, Dana and Vernon.

Some people pooh-pooh shows, but, after all, that is how societies
and AIS  gain a lot of their members, and it takes a LOT of work to
get all of those stalks to the show in one piece and win those blue
ribbons.

I wonder if I would have ever been an irisarian if I hadn't stumbled
into a Fort Worth Iris Society Show way back in the early sixties.
Seeing all of the colors and varieties I never new existed hooked me
for a lifetime.

Enter the shows.  They are for the public.

Somebody like me may walk in!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8