From: iris@hort.net
Date: Friday, April 25, 2003 05:36:07 AM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: RE: [iris] SHOW: SPIS report

On 24 Apr 2003 at 17:08, Dana Brown wrote:

> Ok. If you guys are trying to make me feel better it is working. At least
> we had enough bloom to take the silver medal at the South Plains Iris
> Society show last weekend. . .

Congrats! Way to go, Dana and Vernon.

Some people pooh-pooh shows, but, after all, that is how societies
and AIS gain a lot of their members, and it takes a LOT of work to
get all of those stalks to the show in one piece and win those blue
ribbons.

I wonder if I would have ever been an irisarian if I hadn't stumbled
into a Fort Worth Iris Society Show way back in the early sixties.
Seeing all of the colors and varieties I never new existed hooked me
for a lifetime.

Enter the shows. They are for the public.

Somebody like me may walk in!

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8

.

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of IMSTP.gif]

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type Image/jpeg which had a name of BackGrnd.jpg]