Re: Re: HYB: pinks & Immortality

Linda, et al,

Now, I admit to not being as well versed in the genetics of specific iris
traits as some of you are, however, I think you are jumping to a conclusion
about IMM's pink carrier status that may not hold up in your breeding

According to the notes I made on my Returning Chameleon pedigree the first
three generations back from IMM include only yellows, including 'chartreuse'
and some lavender tones.  All of the beard colors in my record are toward
the yellow tints.

So, if basic genetics applies, and if I'm understanding Linda's question
correctly, it doesn't seem logical to me to assume there is any pink in IMM,
despite the fact that he has a faint cast.

In addition, based on the descriptions that Linda came up with for IMM
offspring,  both RC and Midsummer's Eve,  (assuming I'm remembering
correctly what Enchanted World looks like) could easily have gotten their
pink from the other parent.

Meanwhile, you have fourteen other cv's listed with IMM as a parent that do
not display pink, and worse, do display the purple that you said you didn't
want to introduce in this next generation.  I don't like those odds.

But what do I know.