Re: Re: HYB: Identifying pink carriers

In a message dated 4/26/2003 9:51:48 PM Central Standard Time,
showtime@bbtel.com writes:

> Betty Wilkerson has used IMM and I think she works toward pink and
> rebloom, she may be able to offer some insight.

I'm definitely among the genetically IMPAIRED. Not much help from me.

RC tones vary, but often are a pale lavender that looks pinkish to my eyes!
Not much help, but if pink is actually present, and not imagined, then
Immortality would have to have some pink heritage to have expressed the pink
tones? My understanding of pink breeding (from correspondence with B. Hager)
is that there must be pink on both sides to produce a pink(ish) seedling. My
understanding could be incorrect!  Or my eyes!

Have been checking the beards on some of my white seedings from ((Silverado x
Immortality) X (Bridge In Time x (Feedback x Titan's Glory)). Mainly white
tipped yellow, darker in the throat. Various shades of lovely. Don't exactly
expect t factor here, but, like I said, "I'm genetically impaired!"  Still
alive and still learning! Hum???Feedback has that 'carroty' beard in the

RC refuses to set pollen, a trait inherited from Immortality.  So far, I've
not been lucky with crosses with it (Pink Sleigh x Immortality). I took
another crack at it last year but nothing took. Will cross it again this
year. Also, have a friend with different weather conditions working with it
this year.

I have a 'pink' problem of my own. Working toward a pink amoena. I've a stalk
(not showing color yet, but good branching) on a seedling with this
parentage: ((((Victoria Falls x Vanity) x Immortality) x (Latest Style x
Glistening Icicle) X (Feedback x Champagne Elegance)). The pod parent is a
blue amoena that reblooms and the pollen parent hasn't rebloomed (yet). Even
if the Vanity is too diluted to express t, there should be a good chance it's
present through CE??

I don't expect the pink to be expressed. But I do want to cross back to pink.
Available to me are RC, and a couple of seedlings. I'm leaning toward
crossing back with an older rose seedling I've kept from Peach Spot x Vanity,
since both carry rebloom genes and a sibling was an amoena, no rebloom.
However, I have a lot of Presence x Pink Attraction which also doesn't
rebloom. Leaning toward the PS X V cross.

Only one stalk. Decisions, decisions. Love the season.

Got color showing (down in the bud ) on two of my seedlings from ((Latest
Style x Glistening Icicle) X Clarence)).  Fall color looks like GI. Can't see
standard color yet!!!!!!!

Got deep reddish plum colored spathes and upper stalk on one of my Hot Streak
X Earl of Essex seedling. Not seen anything like it! Heavy!  Loveeeeeeee it!
Watch the flower be UGLY!

Betty W from South-central KY. zone 6  (Oh, yes.  Feedback x Violet Miracle
(One of my strongest rebloomers) is setting pollen this year!  Cheers!!!!