From: wmoores@watervalley.net
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 7:45 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] SHOW:NMLIS

Thursday night was really unkind to iris growers in MS - tornadoes, wind,
hail; you
name it.  Yesterday, at show set-up, most North Mississippi Lakes Iris Society
members were gloomy as to the prospects of a good show.  But, the show must go
on, and it did.  Members of our small society brought in 182 stalks, most
show-
worthy with very little damage, surprisingly.

Yours truly had Best Specimen with his own creation of VIOLET SHIMMER! :-)
I also had the best seedling, described as a greyed lavender bi-tone with a
fiery red
beard.

Billie Lynn Jones won the AIS Silver Medal and Truman Scarborough won the
Bronze Medal.

It was tiring for some of the old folks like me, but it was a lot of fun,
too.

Walter Moores
Enid Lake, MS USA 7/8