HYB: Immortality, pink & orchid?

I've noticed that some pedigrees of pinks have considerable orchid or
lilac ancestry.  Two of the IMM X CELEBRATION SONG kids are lilac/orchid
- is this color always associated with pink carriers?  Or is that one of
the 'non-tangerine pink' colors?

I really appreciate all the discussion - the more times I hear it,
especially with some actual seedlings to look at, the more little bits
of it lodge in my brain.

I guess it's time to try to soak up more info from TWOI (The World of
Iris), tho my allergy fogged brain really doesn't want to!  I have
completely forgotten whether or not there is an inhibitor of pink/yellow
expression either in the whole flower or parts of it (patterns) like
there is for the anthocyanins, or if that is always absence of pigments?

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8