From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net] On Behalf Of
Linda Mann
Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 2:57 PM
To: iris- talk
Subject: [iris] Re: TB: REB: English Cottage/Immortality

This cool damp spring, IMMORTALITY has a faint blue cast here when it
first opens, but is grayish looking in bud.  Some of the kids also have
that same faint blue tint.

ENGLISH COTTAGE, one of my old favorites that I rarely get to see bloom
here, is a very pale blue, narrow banded plicata that fades to white
fairly quickly.  The plicata markings are very easy to see in bud.  I
have the two growing near each other in a couple of large sprawling
clumps in the gravel rows and they are both blooming like mad this
spring.  Wonderful fragrance from both.

I love Lloyd Z's intros too!

Ellen G said:
<I think Lloyd Zurbrigg told us in the past that IMMORTALITY does
                   look [pale blue]. But I think I will order ENGLISH
COTTAGE and compare
                   them.     Loving Lloyd Zurbrigg's intros.,>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8