Re: ot - - help need to go no mail (dealing with web mail - Yahoo)

--- Darm Crook <crook1945@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>  That`s the problem , it waits in my yahoo mail box and when
the box gets full Yahoo will de-activate my account . <<<

Darm, Yahoo will not deactivate your account if your mail box
exceeds your limit. What Yahoo will do is stop accepting new
e-mail messages in that box until you go into the account and
delete some. It takes a great deal of mail to get to that state.

Here are some options (I left the best for the last):

You can easily go to 'mail options' in your Yahoo account
and block all mail from iris hort (for instance) until you want
to receive the mail. OR you can go to 'mail options' and filter
mail to go into your trash. Yahoo regularly deletes trash from
Yahoo trash receptacles. That way, the mail in the trash will
not count as part of your alloted limit.

Again, it takes a lot of mail to exceed your limit. I suggest
you go into your Yahoo account and get rid of sent mail, any
draft mail and empty your trash. Also, consider putting any
inbox mail you want to keep into a Yahoo personal folder (easy
to do by simply going to the left-hand Yahoo tool bar and click
on 'Folder -add' near the top of the bar). That folder can be
transported into your hard drive for future reference.

But, a better solution is to enroll in Yahoo mail plus. I use
Yahoo web mail 95% of the time and I do a publication twice a
year principally with Yahoo and right now I am only using up 4%
of my alloted limit with mail plus.

** Recommended:  you can unsubscribe to iris-talk on hort if you
choose and resubscribe with the 'iris allow' feature. This
allows you to post to the list and also read the messages on the
web at:

Anyone (I think) can read the archives whether or members or

Good luck,

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3a
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)