From: John I Jones
To: Iris List ; iris-talk
Cc: Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 3:47 AM
Subject: [iris-talk] ADMIN: Nomail Solved

Chris Lindsey (Owner of Mallorn our host), the wizard of majordomos, has
solved our Nomail
problem with some clever programming.

To Subscribe:
1. From your email program, create a blank message.
2. In the "To:" line, type

majordomo@hort.net

3. In the BODY of the message put:

      subscribe iris
or
      subscribe iris-digest
or
      subscribe iris-allow

Depending on what kind of service you want.

"subscribe iris"   will allow you to post messages to iris@hort.net and
receive individual
messages posted there.

"subscribe iris-digest"   will allow you to post messages to iris@hort.net and
receive a daily
digest of all messages posted.

"subscribe iris-allow"   will allow you to post messages to iris@hort.net but
not receive
individual messages posted there. (You can read the messages by accessing the
archives with your
browser). If you have multiple email addresses (or locations) you can
subscribe all of them to
allow you to post from anywhere. (see below)

If for some reason you wish to have the mailings go to a different address
(a friend's address, a specific other system on which you have an account,
or an address which is more correct than the one that automatically appears
in the "From:" header on the mail you send), you would add that address to
the command.  For instance, if you're sending a request from your work
account, but wish to receive "demo-list" mail at your personal account
(for which we will use "jqpublic@my-isp.com" as an example), you'd put
the line

subscribe demo-list jqpublic@my-isp.com

4. Send the message (the subject line does not matter)

No matter how you subscribe, the address to send posts to the list is:

iris@hort.net

Enjoy the list!

Big Thanks to Chris.

http://www.AISGiftShop.com