HYB: mailing pollen

Anybody have much experience sending pollen thru the mail?  Sharon
McAllister mailed some arilbred pollen to several of us back in the
early days of this group, so I know it can be done.

To mail pollen, I am planning to let it dry at room temperature for a
day, or until the fleshy parts of the anther are dry enough not to sog
up the pollen in the mail.  Then I'm going to make a little paper
envelope by folding up a rectangle of ordinary notepaper, then put the
anthers inside, and stick it shut with a tiny piece of tape or sticker.

Will that work?

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8