Re: HYB: mailing pollen

--- Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:

>>> To mail pollen, I am planning to let it dry at room
temperature for a day, or until the fleshy parts of the anther
are dry enough not to sog up the pollen in the mail.  Then I'm
going to make a little paper envelope by folding up a rectangle
of ordinary notepaper, then put the anthers inside, and stick it
shut with a tiny piece of tape or sticker. <<<

Linda, I speak with no experience with mailing pollen BUT logic
tells me that using those little glassine envelopes might work
better than paper. Barring glassine, line the paper envelopes
with wax paper.

Ellen Gallagher  <ellengalla@yahoo.com> / Berlin, New Hampshire / USDA Zone 3a
Siberian-Species Iris Convention 2003, June 12-15 - Hamilton, ON Canada
http://w3.one.net/~wilsonjh/ssi.htm  (Siberian iris pages)
http://www.crosswinds.net/~median/  (Median iris pages)
http://www.irisregister.com/  (AIS checklist data)