Re: SHOUTING in e-mail

Just a quick opinion here.

To be honest, I didn't even notice that the message was in all caps.  I'm
used to seeing writing in all sorts of formats, and it didn't bother me in
the least.  I think that all caps is a good way to get something noticed
when it is contrasted with "normal" lower case writing (as is italics, bold
face, underlining, etc.).  I find it to be rather unnoticeable if it's not
contrasted with something different.  I think the content is a lot more
important than the case or the font, and I would be hard-pressed to be
offended just because something was written in all capitols.   On the flip
side, if you're not used to looking at it, all capitols is difficult to
read, just as are certain fonts.  If your used to it, it's no more
difficult at all (but most people aren't used to it).

I've been chuckling a bit at this exchange, and have to admit that my first
reaction was something along the lines "how silly".  Let's just try and
keep it light, and not read negative into something before we're sure it's
there.  I know that I'm particularly good at sticking my foot in my mouth,
offending people, and not even knowing I did it.  I also give a "here -
here" to Margie Brown's comments yesterday.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone.