Re: HYB: mailing pollen plus Jesse bloomed backward

Linda,

I used to save four leaf clovers in an envelope exactly like you're talking
about.  I just put the fresh clover in the little envelope and in no more
than two days it was thoroughly dry.  If I were you, I would just put the
anthers on the paper, fold the envelope closed and send when ready.

Christian
Ky

P.S.
I just went out and harvested six anthers (gorgeous fluffy fluffy, fall off
the ather pollen) from Jesse's Song this very afternoon to save.  I've got
at minimum two days before anything else is blooming.  I taped the base of
the athers to the paper but everything else is the same as I used to do with
the clovers.

Jesse's Song actually bloomed the secondary(?) bloom first.  Now if you ask
my neighbors they will be of the opinion that both the terminal bloom and
the one at the end of the branch bloomed at the exact same time, but I know
better.  I was out bright and early pre-daylight this morning and saw that
the terminal was not as fully open as the other.  By this afternoon you
couldn't tell the difference.

sidebar: I thought you guys said that pollen was less fluffy when it's
humid.  Or is my mind backwards.