Re: CULT: rot

Hi Laurie. . .
>All my rototiller manages to do is slice up the runners and spread the
>doggone quack all over my garden!  Quack grass and Canada thistle are
the
>only things that can make me pull out the Round-Up.
                 I know it's harder to clean up the quack runners, but we own an organic dairy, so I can't use Round-Up at all.  I just need to know if it'll harm the iris feeder roots.
         I have some strange stuff this year.  Here's the scoop.  The irises that I lost arent' necessarily new transplants from last summer/fall.  The iris in my low bed are est. 2 years this year, and some others in my raised bed are est. 3 years.  I lost Feminine Fire, Beguine, Banana Frappe, Faraway Blue, and In Reverse in that raised bed.    NOW, I can understand why the 2 yr. clumps died.  That garden spot is lower than my yard, (and driveway) and I think it's wetter there also.  But not too wet. . . I think. . .  (What can I say?? It was a great location for my so-called 'display garden'!)   I will definitely lift some rhizomes now. . . and then I'll do some later.   We've planted oats yesterday here in Michigan. . . It's nice to be back into the fields. :-) Thanks everyone!  I appreciated this group! :-) ~Bo~