Cult:Liscense and transport out of country

When my friend was setting up her new property in Canada, she took some iris
from a bed she had at my house. She was organic and did not want to treat her
iris for borer. Last summer she pulled up her irris in early august before
hatching and we were dismayed at the activity from the borer. ( compared to
my treated with merit granules rows) So we washed and scrubbed and did the
same with the fans and treated in bleach and with cygon2e. Now she is a
believer.
We only selected the untouched rhizomes to ship and they were taken to
agriculture at the airport in Boston and passed for export to canada. I
believe ther was a liscensing fee of 25$.
The others that had been eaten, we treated the same way and  she shipped to
her friend in New Mexico. the trick is getting the rot out of the inside and
for that we used pipcleaners and scrub brushes and toothbrushes.
As it was mid summer and not hatching time I allowed this process. And think
we covered all the bases. We will see how they did in August when she travels
back to Nova Scotia.

Doreen F. McCabe
176 Carlisle Rd.
Westford,  Ma   01886