Re: Mailing Pollen and bomb threats- long

You're probably right about the mail, but then
again, I never expected to clear out a whole
floor of the Van Nuys Courthouse either.

It seems as I was quite ill one day that I was
scheduled to testify.  I was also 8 months
pregnant and I drug myself to the Courthouse
only to have the case settle after I was sworn
in.

Apparently in my releif to go home, I left my
briefcase sitting under a seat.  Someone
thought to put it on the bailiff's desk.

I realized it was missing and tried to call the
courtroom, but it was lunch time by then and no
one answered.  I fell asleep and didn't give it
another thought until the next morning.

A rather annoyed bailiff wanted to know if I
wanted what was left of my briefcase back.
Apparently since it was on his desk, they
decided they must call the bomb squad.  They
emptied the entire floor and then proceeded to
demolish my unlocked briefcase.  (Of course I
didn't tell the rather distressed bailiff that
there wasn't anything of value in it because I
had carried it along just to look the part
while I was in court.)  Ever since then, my
oversized replacement briefcase has been
referred to as the "bomb box" in our office.

For once I'm glad its raining here.  That way
maybe there's a chance that I won't miss peak
bloom while I'm at the convention :0)

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 E

Meet 30,000 Eco-Friendly Individuals: