Re: Re: CULT: burning (was borer on photos)

Yes, the original e-mail was mine, posted on Iris Photos.
Well, Linda, the only problem I have is the discrepency of pea-planting time here.  My grandfather always planted peas the Sunday after Easter.  I never personally have, since our ground is always so soggy we're told not to walk in it.  (and I never have time {or thought} in the fall to prepare a bed)  My mother acutally remembers grandpa planting peas when snow was still on the ground.
Currently, we have 2 snow piles that have not completely melted.  They are only 12 inches tall, though. :-)  I think it's safe enough for me to say that Spring has finally  come to Michigan!!  Yay!!
Hope everyone is enjoying their spring!
Got to outside and play with Young Cows and bees. . . not at the same time, of course. ;-)
Region 6
Zone 4.5 Michigan.

Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net> wrote:
I've been told the time to burn is about the same time of year you'd
plant peas, which is between mid Feb and mid March in this area.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8
East Tennessee Iris Society
American Iris Society web site
talk archives: