Re: AIS: Judges work load, etc

----- Original Message -----
From: "Showtime Farm" <showtime@bbtel.com>

> Couldn't we require that a seedling be 'approved' by a unanimous vote
> of say 5-7 members of a local club before it would be eligible to be
named.

Bad idea! What it would amount to is censorship.

It took ages for flounced or horned TBs to be accepted. I'd worry that too
much emphasis might be put on what's currently fashionable regardless of how
an iris might perform.

It may be overwhelming to have so many new irises introduced each year but
time has a way of sorting out the really good ones from the bad.

Christy

Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA