Re: HYB: Selection of seedling

Looking over my records for the past 17 years of hybridizing, I find I select
between 5 to 10% on the first selection cycle. By the time it comes to
introduction only about 1% of that group make it to the market.

Lots of seedlings blooming we will be looking at about 7,000 this year
because of holding over the seedlings which should have bloomed last year. So far a
few keepers, but nothing to set the world on fire.

Fred Kerr
Rainbow Acres