Re: Re: Spring Bloom ahead of schedule

  • Subject: Re: [iris] Re: Spring Bloom ahead of schedule
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <irisdude@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:56:56 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 10:56:56 -0700

Kathy and all,

Yes, you are correct Kathy.

It was just made clear to me this morning when talking with someone elsewhere
in the country that I have TB, IB, BB, SDB, AB, and SPU in bloom right now,
and a bud on an LA, although LA's have been blooming for others here since
last week.

This is strange in the fact that SDB's, IB's, BB's, and AB's are typically
supposed to bloom before the TB's and LA's, and the SPU's are typically
supposed to bloom after the TB's.

But in years past, I remember the SPU I have blooming, called PEE WEE PETE
(Shepard '98) in full bloom at the time the TB's are in peak.  However, my
TB's are not at peak yet.  I will be having BETTY COOPER Spu and LAVENDER
PARADE Spu blooming next week.

Patrick Orr
Phoenix, AZ  Zone 9
USA