Re: HYB:? date last germination/frost

Linda:  I've had germination at just about any time of year.

John Reeds, 9b southern California
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Linda Mann
  To: iris- talk
  Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 7:05 AM
  Subject: [iris] HYB:? date last germination/frost

  What is the latest in the spring that any of you see TB seeds germinate
  in relation to your last average frost date?

  I've put all the seeds that didn't germinate indoors this winter back
  outdoors for some more chilling and am wondering whether or not I might
  see a few more seeds germinate later this spring.

  Temperature was a little below freezing this AM.  Our average last frost
  is mid-April, although I've had frost as late as the first week of May.

  Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

  message text UNSUBSCRIBE IRIS