Re: HYB:? date last germination/frost

Linda,

> What is the latest in the spring that any of you see TB seeds germinate
> in relation to your last average frost date?

The latest I had a stray seedling germinate was in early June.  Usually they
quit when our night temp get consistantly above 50F.  I have an occasional
straggler come up after that, but germinate at that point becomes very
sporadic.  After they slow down, I have not had good survival rates on those
that germinate late.  Even when I left them in the pots and tried to
maintain them there, survival was very poor.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA