CULT: Burning worries?

I feel kind of silly asking for a little support but.....I am a little
late in finishing up some of my burning.  In my climate where temps are
averaging 50-60's in the daytime now and foliage is 6-7" high am I doing
any damage to the plants or setting them back in any way?  The stuff
that I burned early (and by my schedule on TIME!!) seems to be doing
well.  Some of the late stuff was burned back completely to the ground.

I guess I am fretting more than anything.  I can't explain or justify to
myself how my actions would have killed them but thought I would solicit
the knowledge of those far more experienced and wiser than I.

Thanks in advance!

Kelly D. Norris

Master Gardener/Freelance Writer

Bedford, Iowa USA

Zone 4b/5a

List owner rare-plants

Newsletter Editor, Iowa Bluebird Conservationists

The love of knowledge is a sort of madness.
C. S. Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet