Re: HYB: Immortality kids (was something else...

.....I lost track of the original post, but it said something about
hearing that most offspring of IMMORTALITY will be white.

In the first batch of 30 seedlings from IMMORTALITY X CELEBRATION SONG,
there were

9 that either died or were so awful I didn't make a note of the color
(which is not to say some of the rest aren't pretty awful too).
7 white (1 with cream buds fading to white)
2 orchid selfs
1 near amoena (neglecta in bud, standards quickly fading to white after
6 cream (1 with light yellow reverse, 1 cream/yellow blend, 1 with
yellowish tan rim on the falls)
4 light yellow (1 tannish yellow with lighter falls, 1 dark yellow in
bud, quickly fading to pale yellow)
1 tan in bud, fading to cream with tan hafts, yellow rim, lavender in
center of falls

So I wouldn't say that most were white - even if all 9 of the unknown
colors were white, that's still only half of them.  Only three were
strongly colored, but those three all have more pigment than the papa
shows here.

On the other hand, I've made a couple of crosses with IMMORTALITY where
only a few seeds germinated and only one or two survived to bloom, all
producing reaaally ugly white flowers.  And it seems like nearly all the
registered seedlings from IMMORTALITY have been white.

I'd be interested in hearing what others' experience with IMMORTALITY's
offspring has been.
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8