CULT: Borer control-a new twist

While out today picking up chemicals for the garden, I had a thought
to ask if there was a liquid form of imidacloprid (active ingredient in
Merit). Indeed there is-- a concentrate that can be sprayed directly on
the plants. It is much faster acting than the granular form due to the
application method. It is also supposed to be season-long, unlike Cygon
which has to be applied at two week intervals. It is priced similarly to
the 15# bags, at about 28$. I am going to give it a try and keep my fingers
crossed. It is also listed to be effective against aphids, thrips, leaf
miners
and several other pests. Squirrels are not listed, unfortunately. :(

John Bruce
Hidden Acres Iris Gardens