Re: CULT: Botrytis

Hi Sandra,

>Chuck Chapman had a preventive treatment for botrytis which I am wishing
>I had saved

I don't know where the botrytis came from this time around, and I only
saw it on a few rzs in the main beds.  I'm not interested in soil
treatments because I have far too many companion animals and too many
wildlife visitors to risk toxic chemicals in the garden.  The only reason
I use Merit for borers is because it contains the same active ingredient
as Advantage Pet Flea Control products, so I figure it's reasonably safe
around the 4-leggeds. Fungicides and herbicides scare me, though, so I'd
rather just remove the diseased plants and surrounding soil to deal with
botrytis.  I do still need to know how much to dig out.

I hope we can both rid our gardens of this icky fungus.  As if erwinia
weren't bad enough.

USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
normal annual precipitation 26-27"
slightly acid clay soil