Re: CULT: Botrytis

>Actually it wasn't a soil treatment.  You soak the rhizomes in a solution of
>of something before planting.

In that case, I'd be interested in knowing what it is.

>It is supposed to go down here to 9 degrees tonight, yuk ! ...just when the
>irises were starting to really grow.  Clarence was already about six inches
>tall.

It's been dropping below freezing most nights still, but I don't think
we'll hit the single digits.  At least I hope not!  I'm not sure we made
it much above freezing today, though.  Mighty chilly for the second week
of April!

I don't have more than an inch of growth on any irises yet.  I'm amazed
you have as much growth as you do.  Even with my minimal growth, I can
see how unhappy the emerging foliage is with our prolonged cool temps.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN