Re: CULT: Borer control-a new twist

I find this info on Merit/Bayer?borers very interesting and hope to be able
to try it before it is too late, if I can get someone to do it -- but the
person that  used  the amount on 5' x 5'  probably had trouble, because 5 by 5 is
(I think)  25 sq.ft. not 10 -- that would have to be something like  2' by 5'
or some such combination -- please let me know if I've forgotten my basic math
-- I never  cared for math much!  But, that mistake may be a serendipity in
showing that it is almost as good to spread the stuff a little thinner, but not
quite so thin?!  And it would be more economical, which would be a big help!.
And if we have to have consecutive  3 days of 70 degrees, then maybe I'll be
lucky and it will be after taxes and will be able  to do the treatment by then
-- so far it is cold at night and  chilly in day --   Rosalie nr Baltimore,
Md.,USA  sort of shakey about saying zone 7  when I looked at the USDA map in
the recent FINE GARDENING which is a terrific issue! (May-June)