Re: TB: Cloud Berry, Louisa's Song

My irises are looking awesome thus far.  Cloud Berry is up there with the top
of the others on the list.  I walked through the garden this morning and
counted with an eye-ball glance, about 50 or so bloomstalks on the TB's!!!
(Pretty amazing for all being first year plants)

I have six MTB's currently blooming from last year's Mid-America intros and
see color on 3 more that should be popping anytime!

I've been taking photos and will post them here within the next few days in
the gallery of all of the newbies blooming  :-)

I have to be honest and say that the bloomstalks on the iris are not going to
reach their registration height.  This doesn't surprise me since they are all
new plantings.   They just weren't well established before winter set in.....

I'm a little nervous about this coming week.  I have many TB's where the
stalk has broken the fan and we are scheduled to have a 30 degree night in
Nashville which means it'll probably hit the mid to upper 20's out here in the
country.  This will spell some trouble for my exposed stalks if the temp hits that
low for any amount of time.....

Just for a list of what I have blooming for now...

Eye of Newt
Half Moon
Matter of Fact

Others showing color:
Cat's Eye
Pink Frosting

In another thread about Botritis - I had it in a couple of rhizomes from
Cooley's.  I had an in-depth conversation with Paul about it and said that I
really didn't have to worry too much about it this far south.  After the infected
rhizomes died, the fungus would go away due to our hot summers as it really
likes it cool and moist.

I'll give you more updates soon!