Re: Re: TB: Cloud Berry, Louisa's Song

I did a more careful check of conditions after reading more of the responses
on this thread.

Bloom will be scarce but not entirely missing--I found several SDB's with
stalks just about to emerge from the fans, and a number of TB's beginning to
be more obviously "pregnant" with bloomstalks still hidden but present.

Griff--even though our winter minima (the basis for the USDA zones, I believe)
are just barely into "zone 7" that is a recent rezoning.  We were in the
warmer side of zone 6 in the older maps.  Our elevation here is about 2300
feet, and our season on bloom ordinarily runs about a week behind river level
seasons in the Asheville/Hendersonville areas, even though our winter temps
are about the same.

From Donna Lockman's description of their season we are at least ten days
behind Charlotte at this point.

Neil Mogensen     zone ?7  western NC