From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net]On Behalf Of
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 10:41 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: Re: [iris] CULT: Borer control-a new twist

I find this info on Merit/Bayer?borers very interesting and hope to be able
to try it before it is too late, if I can get someone to do it -- but the
person that  used  the amount on 5' x 5'  probably had trouble, because 5 by
5 is
(I think)  25 sq.ft. not 10 -- that would have to be something like  2' by
or some such combination -- please let me know if I've forgotten my basic
-- I never  cared for math much!  But, that mistake may be a serendipity in
showing that it is almost as good to spread the stuff a little thinner, but
quite so thin?!  And it would be more economical, which would be a big
And if we have to have consecutive  3 days of 70 degrees, then maybe I'll be
lucky and it will be after taxes and will be able  to do the treatment by
-- so far it is cold at night and  chilly in day --   Rosalie nr Baltimore,
Md.,USA  sort of shakey about saying zone 7  when I looked at the USDA map
the recent FINE GARDENING which is a terrific issue! (May-June)