RE: Cult-Burning iris

I havn't tried burning with anything piled up around the iris and don't think it's a good idea. I burn in spring when old foliage has dried out and continue even up until there is about 1-2" of new growth. I use a torch whis is usually sold for burning weeds. This is the same method I have seen others talk about.
Pilling up buring materials has the danger of actually damaging the rhizome.
Even so I get damage to the new growth but it quickly recovers.
--

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.