RE: Autofocus problems

For Sharon and anyone else with same problems.

I have overcome this by placing something with writing on it (lens cap is often the handiest object)just in front of the flower, at same distance from lens. Autofocus will bring that into focus and usually keeps same focus when removed and voila, the flower is in focus. I also found that it will focus if I use the back of my hand. If all else fails, get if focused on a picture of an iris (another flower will do) and then press lightly on shutter ( this locks camera into focus and shutter adjustments) and then remove picture and finish pressing the shutter. The picture has much the same exposure requirements as the flower so exposure is correct and as its flat the camera has only one depth of field to choose.

Been there.

--

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.