From: owner-iris@hort.net [mailto:owner-iris@hort.net]On Behalf Of Chuck
Chapman
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 9:57 PM
To: iris@hort.net
Subject: [iris] RE: Autofocus problems

For Sharon and anyone else with same problems.

I have overcome this by placing something with writing on it (lens cap is
often the handiest object)just in front of the flower, at same distance from
lens. Autofocus will bring that into focus and usually keeps same focus when
removed and voila, the flower is in focus. I also found that it will focus
if I use the back of my hand. If all else fails, get if focused on a picture
of an iris (another flower will do) and then press lightly on shutter ( this
locks camera into focus and shutter adjustments) and then remove picture and
finish pressing the shutter. The picture has much the same exposure
requirements as the flower so exposure is correct and as its flat the camera
has only one depth of field to choose.

Been there.

--

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.