AIS: April 04 Bulletin

This letter is not a criticism -- it is an inquirery.  Today I received the
April 2004 Iris Bulletin and immediately noticed a general over exposure of
the majority of the color images in the Bulletin.  The black and white images
also all looked very dull and faded.  I am wondering if this was just the copy
I received, or if others also received their Bulletins with the "off-color"
look.

The Sutton's ad on the inside back cover appears to be the best color in the
Bulletin.  Many of the greens in the foliage and stocks throughout this issue
simply do not look like realistic color to me.

The black and white in the shopping section of the back of the issue does
appear to be normal.  But this section does not really have any photographs in
it.

Maybe I have "Monk" syndrome and am simply looking too close at things.  I
have also been reading the American Orchid Society monthly magazine the past
few days and this publication has the absolute most perfect color I have ever
seen in a plant society regular publication.

Anyway....Gretchen and I have been mulching the flower beds so the garden
looks pristine as it comes into bloom.  The first SDB's are starting to bloom
and stalks are emerging on the TB's.  I'll be adding a landscape gallery to
our web site this week to watch the changes throughout the garden this
season.

We are in the middle of several rainy days right now and it looks like the
grass turned green overnight with all the rain. We are also not anticipating
any more freezes so we are in full springtime garden work mode right now.  In
fact, Gretchen just took the pickup truck to get filled up for the third time
today with mini pine nuggets.  Spreading mulch between rain showers is always
fun as long as it is not too cold because you stay damp.

Have a great week everyone,

Bobby

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Gardens