Re: Re: CULT: leaf spot

Just this year, my scheduled changed, and I've been able to spend more time
keeping beds cleaned.  I started late fall, keeping them clean through
winter, and this year I have the best looking beds I have ever had, in terms
of having little leaf spot.   I have not sprayed once this year, and in most
years I start spraying with Daconil mid Winter.
I give credit to the fact that air space around the plants, keeping it
dryer, and of course, all the dead leaves and rotting plant material isn't
there as a host.
It's true though, there were times I would notice that beds with high grass
didn't show leaf spot.  But that was until I got in and cleaned them
thoroughly, and within a week, they would show leaf spot terrible.  Seems it
was just waiting to pop out.
Kitty Loberg