Re: cult:: bloom

While you folks are talking about rots and spots, I am at peak bloom! About
7,000 seedlings blooming for the first time are doing their thing. Several has
caught my eye including a terrific red from Blaze of Glory and Ennoble. Very
big flower, terrific branching and wonderful form. The Quandary pattern is
showing up in a number of crosses. These involve Quandary as well as Next
Millennium as one parent. The Crazy for You lines are a real kick. No matter what the
other parent was, most of the seedlings are striped like CfY, but in a wide
range of colors. Now if they just had better branching! Starring has produced
several hundred variations on itself, with uniformly poor branching. Several
nice seedlings from Kiss of Kisses have the Emma Cook pattern in pinkish lavender
on white falls and light yellow standards.

Outstanding first year things from other hybridizers have been Crusader
Rabbit, Temple of Time, Border Guard. The named things are not as far along as the
seedlings. Louisa's Song and Wearing Rubies are looking very good as is
Teamwork, Revere, Spice Lord and World Without End.

As an aside I find one of the greatest things about digital cameras with BIG
memory cards is that I don't have to be juggling a notebook to record the
shots as I go. I just take photo(s) and then I take a picture of the label. After
downloading to the computer I put captions on each flower picture and delete
the label pic from the card and the hard drive. What a time saver.

Happy bloom season (No matter how many weeks away!)
Fred Kerr
Rainbow Acres