Re: HYB: lets talk about green

donald,

that's good to know, I think EH will bloom for me this year, if yesterdays
snow didn't zap it...

I think maybe I should rephrase my question...  If we can get the greens
from the yellow... will that in fact result in green that could be used,
would be genetically strong enough, to breed to other colors to produce the
'green accent' that is being referred to?  Or is that range of green
actually a lack of pigment that permits the chlorophyll to show through,
(which is I think how I got the idea about the substance) like perhaps an
albino iris.

If we operate under the assumption that EVERGREEN HIDEAWAY et al are really
closer to an albino expression than to a color break then can we assume that
the 'wide range of greens' could not be achieved through these?  Is anyone
working toward green from another angle? Toward something closer to a
hunter/ forrest green rather than a chartreuse with a green self esteem.

Hmm....
Clear as mud, huh?
Christian
ky