Bloom/weather

Everyone seems to have some sort of bloom in spite of their weather.
Yesterday was the first sunny day - with a strong  very cool wind, after many days of
heavy rains.  I  walked around the garden and not a single stalk,bud -
nothing -- and I have  a number of SDBs - -- was popping up.  This is the first year
that  my weeping cherry blossoms have come and gone without my being able to
appreciate its loveliness  but for a hasty glimpse from the sheltered back
door. My Yoshino cherry's pale pink blossoms have turned white without my seeing
them, and they are beginning to fall!  Usually I am out in the garden,
enjoying that beautiful tree!.  It is enormous and too beautiful to have missed --
but that rain had my sump-pumps  working  away!  The forsythia in my neighbor's
yard is in bloom - but I am afraid that my Loripetulum (sp? - but at least
I'm not calling it Laura Petalum, Waltah!) has been too badly winter-burned --
and  they are so beautiful -- and difficult to find here.  I like it better
than azaleas.  Enuf  of my sad story (added to the fact the Drs.  have said I
can't fly, so no National))  So back to hunting for the material for those dumb
taxes!  Rosalie nr Baltimore, Md., USA  Is it zone 7?!  ryfigge@aol.com