CULT:Update

After moving late in the year (2003) I didn't expect much bloom this year.
Fortunately for the twitching tweezer syndrome, it looks like I will be blessed.
 Baby Blessed is the first to bloom.

Most of the irises are looking great.  As the garden was being tilled we
discovered the area had been a feedlot.  I've been hesitant to add fertilizer at
this point!

Some of these irises came from the SKIS rhizome sales.  They decided to
remove many of the rebloomers from the display garden. There were half a dozen bags
of irises from this sale that stayed in my trunk from the end of July until I
could start planting about the first of October.  I am seeing some scattered
bloom from this group but not much, yet. Any bloom is a big surprise!

The irises from the northern bed were out of the ground for about 6 weeks and
spent that time in plastic bags hanging in my shed.  This is the group that
I'm seeing the most stalks in at this time.  Winesap, Innocent Star, Gold
Country and Speculator are in my rebloom bed and will be showing off big time, but
others from this bed will bloom well also.

The irises that were still in pots are showing the least amount of stalks.

I expect to see a lot of bloomstalks hit the ground but at least I have
stalks.

It looks like the seedlings are going to be showing off enough to keep me
interested.  There will be blooms on several from my Chinese New Year and Theme
Master seedlings.  Also, blooms on the Theme Master X Visiting Royalty cross.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website: