CULT: HYB: Re:Re: ORMOHR, etc. from Iris-Photos

Donald, I misread your earlier post.  The seedlings are from Rosemohr, not
Ormohr itself--that makes much more sense, as the onco chromosomes would tend
to get lost.  Those with DNA sequences least like those from Eupogon sources
are the ones most likely to fail to pair.  For that reason they are also the
ones most likely to get lost.

I suspect the seedlings at 1/16 oncocyclus ancestry--using the very faulty
pro-rata approach to describing ancestry--are unlikely, I would think, to
retain much if any at all of oncocyclus heritage as unpaired chromosomes also
do not form cross-over exchanges between the genomes.

That lack and the failure to pair also increases fertility as the surviving
chromosomes are the ones that paired.

Neil Mogensen   z  7  western NC