Re: OT-BIO

Welcome, Kathleen.  There's an endless (or bottomless?) pool of iris
information here on Iris-talk.  You might also enjoy Iris-photos too.  It is a
companion site to this one that has a lot of photos of all kinds of iris as
people post them.  Right now is an especially rich time for Iris on-line sites
as bloom is starting in the southern half of the country.

Sources?  Fayetteville is quite a bit warmer than Asheville area where I'm at.
I'll let others closer to you suggest sources they have found particularly
good.  Winterberry Gardens in Virginia is one that might be especially good.
I don't have the link right in front of me at the moment, but instead I'll
give you the link to the American Iris Society, which includes a list of most
(but not all) the commercial growers in the country.  The list was a little
out of date the last time I checked, but I'd hate to have to be the one who
keeps it current--changes happen rather fast.

Here's the link to the AIS general site.  On the left is a list of pages, one
of which is a list of links to other sites, including commercial growers.  The
site as a whole is a gold mine for a new person.  Enjoy!

American Iris Society   http://www.irises.org/

Links to other sites   http://www.irises.org/links.htm   On this one, the last
item says "Commercial Directory, Listing."  But you'll enjoy the whole AIS set
of pages a lot and might want to look them over before going on to this one.

Good luck!

Neil Mogensen    z   7   western NC mountains