Re: HYB: IB: Season Ticket

As always, my primary goal is working towards rock solid performing TBs
for my climate/growing conditions.  So I consider making crosses with
any 'store bought' cultivar that meets those criteria.  I've ignored the
IBs in the past because of the fertility/germination problems (I have
enough of that with regular TB crosses!).

But, there are so few oranges that are good here, and SEASON TICKET is
looking so good, I thought I should at least consider it.  I've had it
for enough years to have seen it do reasonably well even in the bad
years. Also, it has come up in past discussions as growing all over the
country in a wide variety of climates (usually the topic is 'does SEASON
TICKET always have extra falls?'...)

From the discussion on iris-photos, I would want to use it as the pod
parent - unfortunately, only one TB is open so far, a reblooming blue
near amoena.

And mostly, I think I'm just itching to start making crosses!

Sterling asked:
<What are your breeding goals, Linda? Your comment has gotten my
curiosity up.>

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8