This is a bit problematic, as I don't know what a lot of the historics I
favor are!  There are a lot of these oldies coming into flower in town now.
The old TB's seem to average earlier than most of the more modern ones.

Due to the freeze and hail, my yard is mostly a wash on bloom, still.  The
IB's are trying, but the blooms are like wadded up colored toilet paper
globs.  A few of an undidentified (very vigorous) blue have made it through
OK.  'Crimson King' seems to have faired better than most, and while not
perfect the stalks are full height, and flowers are numerous and at least
pretty.  Same comment for 'Rare Edition', which has never disappointed, and
which keeps increasing exponentially (as keep dividing and extend it's
domain into a big long border).

'Rare Edition' was in the worst spot for hail pounding, and for freezing,
but it is not in bad shape at all (except the leaves are shredded).  It
amazed me that the stalks kept growing and the flowers mostly look

The SDB's were just coming into full swing when the hail hit, and nothing
worth looking at opened after that.  I never got around to any photos or
seeing what was first (the price of being very busy and putting them way
across the property - need to remedy that someday).

A little AB bloomed fine last week, but I need to look up the name.

So far the buds on the earlier TB's don't look good, and I don't think the
flowers will be good, if they open, but the main wave of stalks is coming
now, and look OK so far.  Everything was set back even more by the weather,
so it's going to be late late late.  The IB's that were opening when the
hail hit (over 2 weeks ago) went into a stall mode, and the deformed
flowers are only now opening.  Most of the plants came through OK, and will
recover, but I lost 'Susa', which was starting to bloom like crazy.  All
the rhizomes whet to white dead "stuff" inside.

In Albuquque things are much better.  At the Botanic Garden the last
flowers of 'Florentina' are opening, and 'Albicans' is in it's peak
(switched from normal, but I think it has to due with placement of the
plants).  A germanica (don't know which clone, the one that looks like a
big 'Othelo'), 'Crimson King', germanica 'Alba', the yellow unknown "near
germanica", 'Sing Again', 'Rare Edition', etc. are all still blooming well
(started roughly one to two weeks ago, but was a slow sporadic start do to
cold wet weather).

I. aphylla (several clones) all opened their first flowers yesterday, and
I. pallida (the unnamed common tall "pink" clone) opened a first flower

I. reichenbachii (yellow) is still going strong, but the last flowers are
opening now.  On three clumps (about 10 inches across each) there had to
have been at least 250 flowers; it has been amazing.  The one at home
finished yesterday, but it was hail beaten badly and the flowers were all
deformed.  The freeze didn't bother I. reichenbachii at home at all though.

Something I think is 'Prospero' opened it's first flower yesterday.
Smells like bubble gum or rootbeer

There is also an OF yellow with thin brownish veining (makes it look gold,
especially well developed on the falls). It opened its first flower back on
March 25 - very early for a TB this year - and is still opening flowers,
though they are last ones now, and are small.

The one I got as 'Frequent Flyer' is in full flower now, with the first
flowers open on Saturday.  I'll have to post a photo to Iris Photos though,
as I am doubting the name (all those comments I made about it will need to
be edited to the new name - whatever it is - if it can be decided).  It is
smallish and short for a TB (I'd probably call it a BB, but some stalks can
shoot up to 30 inches - rarely).  It is pure white hints of striping in the
hafts, but I think maybe no anthocyanin there.  There is a slight yellow
blush to the center of the falls in the right light.  It is highly sweet
fragrant with the standard smell of TB's.  It has no trace of lavender, and
'Frequent Flyer' is as often called lavender as it is white.  Perhaps it
will turn out to just be 'Immortality', but I haven't compared.  Whatever
it is, it flowers like crazy in spring and in waves as long as the
temperature is warm enough into early winter.

No 'Fancy' TB's to report open yet, may actually be a while yet.