Re: OT: CULT: If hubby builds a greenhouse...

Hi Christian,

We are getting ready to construct a new 14' x 22' Turner Greenhouse
(Biltmore model) from http://turnergreenhouse.com.  I spent quite a bit of
time shopping around and even had several different company representatives
come out to our house to discuss their products.  I believe Turner
Greenhouse was able to give us the most for our budget.

We will also install 2 Southern Burner propane heaters that run without any
electricity and we will  have an evaporative cooling system.

If you call Turner Greenhouse, they are great at providing information for
you what, and not what you don't want.  So many of the companies really push
their high end products to make a buck.  Turner was really friendly.  We
even ordered the Instruction Manual for our model so that we knew what was
involved before ordering the package.

The one we selected is going atop an elevated brick foundation but this is
not necessary. We just want the extra height and more formal appearance in
the landscape.

Bobby Baxter
Happy Moose Gardens

ps.  Here is a link to a glass greenhouse I just sold
(http://happymoosegardens.com/stuff/greenhouse.htm).  We had some 65 mph
wind gusts last month that blew the greenhouse sideways about 6 inches and
blew out several of the glass panels in the process.  This is why we decided
to go from a "hobby" greenhouse to a "real" greenhouse.