Re: Hello?

Same here--my excuse isn't the National, nor kidney stones--just vision.  I'm
in between cataract removal, lens implant and getting new glasses.  All this
kind of slows down the chat from this corner.

I do check in and read for a while, but can't do it for long before my
uncorrected eye starts complaining.

I have a Wal-Mart blue amoena according to the package, but violet plicata
according to the plant in bloom.  So much for "mart-irises."  Some of the
*tectorum* seedlings are showing color, except for the one white clone I have
in the seedlings.  Several TB's are showing color, and a couple SDB's are in
full bloom.  Others haven't even started.  Lots of bloomstalks on early
things--late ones just fat at base of the fan.

The Hendersonville group a few miles south of me are having their spring
meeting this afternoon, then the show May 8.  Charlotte (NC) and
Greenville-Spartenburg (SC) and Murfreesboro TN are a week earlier so they all
are busy this morning getting things set up and accepting entries.  I'm not
going to any except the one close by.  I think Knoxville, TN, only two and a
half hours from here, is having its show today and tomorrow also.  Hate to
miss all the opportunities, but by distance can only choose one of the above

I'll be back, John.  Can't keep quiet for long.

Neil Mogensen   z  7 western NC mountains