Re: TB - PBF

Hi Rosalie,

>One of the  best  purple foliage is on GERALD DARBY , not
>exactly an iris, maybe,

Are you talking about the beardless iris cross, GERALD DARBY?  I'll have
to try to get my hands on a piece of that one.

>I always note (or try to) what irises have pbf when I plant
>it, to help  id-ing the next year that everything is where it should be

That's exactly why I put together my PBF list - to assist with
identification.

>LITTLE SHOWOFF, GRAPE CORDIAL,  JEWELL BABY,  CORNHUSKER AUTUMN --obviously
>REBLOOMERS - of course, for me!

The only SDB I've had rebloom for me so far up here is WHAT AGAIN, which
I absolutely love!  I enjoyed LITTLE SHOWOFF immensely last summer, but
it didn't appreciate being transplanted, and I seem to have lost it now.
JEWEL BABY has been struggling in my garden for several years.  It just
doesn't seem to be quite tough enough to hack it here, though I hear it
does beautifully most other places.  Have you tried CAUTION SIGN,
Rosalie?  I understand it can rebloom in some climates, but it doesn't
here.  It sure is an early and generous bloomer, though, and a very
vigorous grower!

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/