Re: HYB: breeding out haft marks?

Hmm - so, I guess that means I can't tell ahead of time which cultivars
that pass my standards for performance in 'the vale' are likely to give
more hafty stuff & which might help reduce it....

I wouldn't like to mix SILVERADO with these - those 'white' genes are so
hard to get past.  But I may have some bloom on some SILVERADO kids here
later that might be just the thing.  THUNDER QUAY doesn't have the
health here I'd like, but is sending up an incredibly massive bloom
stalk that should open before the hafty DUSKY C kids are done.  That
would make a very nice combo!

I'll pray for pollen, which seems to be on everything this year.  What a
bloom season...  And now it may frost tomorrow!  I'm waiting for it to
get warm enough to pollen daub this AM.  Sweatshirt isn't warm enough!

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8