Re: TB: Edith Wolford or Jurassic Park (or something else)?

In a message dated 4/1/05 7:21:24 PM Eastern Standard Time, Matbeach1@aol.com

<< I have limited space for growing but would like to purchase an iris of the
 color combination of Edith Wolford/Jurassic Park (though I recognize that
 latter is considerably darker). >>

Matt, see if you can find a start of 'From a Distance' (Ernst, 1994).

This is (' Edith Wolford' X 'Merry Madrigal') X ('Edith Wolford' x self ).
Not surprizingly, this looks a lot like 'Edith Wolford', especially from a
distance,--nudge nudge wink wink-- but in Virginia it tends to be a stronger
growing plant. It is not as exquisite as Edith, but the coloration is very similar.
Registered height is 38."

Perhaps someone has noticed it in a current catalog and will speak, or you
might ask Cooley's.

Anner Whitehead
Richmond VA USA